- Bookfairs were put on this earth to teach kids about sales tax..... and to remind media specialists that no matter how frustrating our jobs get, it could always be worse
- The fire alarm at school always seems to know the moment I have 150 kids in the library. Bookfair shoppers, library patrons, and all my volunteers have to drop whatever they have in their hands on the floor and line up at my back door (which I have to dig out of the bookfair shelves). Never fails.
- What do I do with an entire Saturday to myself? I stayed in bed 'til 6pm (getting up only to eat and potty). It was really weird 'cause I kept checking the time trying to figure out if there was anywhere I needed to be soon. I think I really needed that time off.
- I know it's months away, but I can't wait to go on vacation!!!!
- I hear guitar hero is coming out for the Wii. Time to ROCK!!!
- I should hear by the end of the month who the principal for the new school will be. That will play a big part in my decision to stay/leave my current school.
- My brain age today is 26
- The '08 elections are a year and a half away.... I don't what to hear about it
- I watched a movie on A&E called "Jesus Camp". It is obviously a lightning rod movie, but some of the interviews were a little over the top. What got to me most was that the brainwashing of children started at such an early age (If I employed some of these techniques at my elementary school I'd be fired in a heartbeat). These people were very closed minded, prejudice, and racist..... in the name of Jesus. It boggles my mind that Christians can be just as guilty as any other religion in using their faith as a springboard for hatred and war (They even refer to themselves in the movie as Jesus's army).
I reminds me of the "Rock the Universe" night at Universal Studios a few years ago. This night was billed as a Christian gathering/concert night in the park. Although all the people wore Jesus shirts and chanted Jesus songs, they were downright mean and out of control. By the time I left I has ice thrown at me (because I was wereing a UF shirt at the time), and was namecalled becuase I didn't want to high-five everybody as I went through the ride lines. It was a real eye-opener into the difference between what a religon TEACHES, and the ACTIONS of it's followers.
- Did I mention my brain age was 26 :-)
First Post in over Two Years! - I haven't abandoned my Write to Say It blog, though it's been many moons since my last post. Rather than make excuses, let me show you what has been my co...
2 years ago