August 08, 2006

A Rose By Any Other Name.....

So I'm entering kids into our computer systems at school so they can take AR quizzes and check out books. It seems like more and more kids are coming to school with hyphenated last names. I think it's just plain silly. Pick a name and stick with it.....

In a related story, I watched a news feature last night on a couple that is selling the naming rights to their unborn child on eBay. The starting bid is something like $14,000. I'm all for free enterprise, but think it should be illegal for those kinds of parents to have kids. Names are a huge part of a persons identity, it's a part of someone's life.... NOT FOR SALE! These parents obvisouly don't care about that. I feel sorry for little baby "goldenpalace.com" who's not going to see a dime of that money.

4 comments:

Iris Blue said...

I'm glad we resisted the push for Q-Tip Blue Tip and for Sparkle.

underwear ninja said...

it'll probably be a "goldenpalace.com on the birth certificate, but everyone calls me chuck" kinda thing. then he can get it changed later in life to "chuck" or "charlie".

Anonymous said...

some people will do anything to make $$.
-R

Anonymous said...

Hey ... I'll sell mine for half that price!!
To quote Captain Jack Sparrow "Sticks & Stones, love..."